In SaaS applications, it is common for users to invite others from their organization, also known as tenants. This process is known as user onboarding.
Before inviting any user, we should be familiar with the user invitation process flow. The user invitation process can be outlined in the diagram below:
Moreover, the process of inviting users can be divided into the following steps:
- User Initiates Invite: The process starts with a user's decision to send an invitation.
- Invite Sent: The system activates this method, managing the dispatch of the invitation.
- Recipient Receives Invite: The invitee gets a notification, typically via email or another communication channel.
- Invite Accepted or Rejected: The recipient can choose to either accept or decline the invitation.
- Invite Confirmed: If accepted, the system verifies the invitation, potentially involving further setup for the invitee.
- Cancel Invitation: At any point after sending the invite and before its acceptance, the inviter can opt to cancel the invitation.
- End of Flow: The process wraps up either with the invitee successfully onboarded, the invitation declined, or the invitation canceled.
ROQ user invites API can be used to implement every step of the invitation process flow, and it is essential to note that all invited users share the same tenant as the inviting user.
When inviting a new user, the inviting user has the ability to assign a specific role to the invitee, for example, as an Owner or Administrator, and users with the same role can invite other users with the same role. The ROQ Console allows for complete customization of the roles that can be assigned to invitees.
ROQ provides a set of APIs to add and manage user invitations. However, the developer is responsible for implementing the user invitation management UI.
Refer to the how to add user invites to application documentation for more information.
User invitation management and tracking is a key part of the user onboarding process. ROQ provides a set of APIs to manage and query or track user invitations. However, the developer is responsible for implementing the user invitation management and tracking UI. ROQ only provides the APIs to manage and track user invitations.
The user invites API is a RESTful API that allows you to manage the user invitation process programmatically. For API documentation, see user invites API.
The ROQ user invites API accessible through the SDK, which allows developers to manage invitations programmatically. Please refer to the user invites SDK for documentation.